Thursday 16 September 2010

Booked

Thursday 16 September: I am not going to mention the internet today other than to say it is remarkable how different this jaunt would be without the internet even with its current irregular availability. People and help and company are just a click away which would not have been possible only a few years ago. There is not much to report though today other than tedium – such as forgetting the key to the office and having to go back for it, or a late finish leaving me hanging around. I did however book a seat on the coach to go to Livingstone tomorrow and should note my gratitude to Cosmas for his time and trouble in coming with me to make sure I got the right ticket and did not get bushwhacked by the hordes of people who hang around the bus station presumably getting a cut of every ticket sold to a punter they shepherd to a particular coach or bus operator.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me a little nervous you are just up and travelling away on a bus somewhere... but I suppose you know what you are doing! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! - pots and kettles come to mind, my dear. I remember you setting off as a tender young thing for days on a train. When you get to my age you have little to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I didn't know any better back then...

    ReplyDelete