Sunday 26 September 2010

Home

Sunday 26 September: We were offered 'dinner' at about midnight in Addis Ababa. I am not sure that is what I would have called it - lamb (more bone than meat - a lot more!) with some sauce and vegetables - but it was quite nice all the same. This was followed by a visit to a fascinating 'religious' tourist gift shop (yes, in an airport) where I was seduced by a hand crafted crib!

Then at around 4.00 we took off. About an hour later I was dragged from my slumbers by the question "Chicken fish or pasta?" I declined. Purple parking was generally uneventful and this was followed by the mild drama of the M4 being closed due to an accident.

And there I suppose ends this story - except that there are bound to be a few consequentials and follow ups - for a start I have on Tuesday to give a talk about my experiences to the next intake. And there is the final coaching - cf 16 July - was it 10 weeks ago?! And I have promised the office an article for The Slate. So maybe there will be a small amount of 'mopping up' yet!

Oh, and having returned home, it is such a joy to have an internet connection that does what you expect it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment