Monday 13 September 2010

Third week

Monday 13 September 2010: Internet access was patchy for my first few days here and then improved a little. Now it seems to have given up the ghost both at work and at home where I am using a mobile internet connection. In the office, I am told the engineers say the problem is due to our using a number of different and old machines and that they are full of viruses. I am not totally convinced by this myself because I get the same sort of ‘non-response’ behaviour both at home and at work and these are different types of connection. But there is not a lot I can do about it but pile up this blog until something happens – there might just be a big post coming from home in a couple of weeks!

As if in compensation, one TV channel is almost watchable tonight and so I saw the news and now have in the background the most excruciating, old, dubbed drama which was originally in Spanish.

Of passing interest (but only to people in the office): I have just heard a mention on the news of the women’s conference of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association which was in Nigeria this weekend. The CPA does not normally make the news in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment