Tuesday 21 September 2010

Winding down

Tuesday 21 September: I have just washed my last shirts – it will be good to have a washing machine again and not to have my clothes permanently covered in brown dust. Shoes in particular need daily attention to remove the layers of dust. I am beginning to run down my (meagre) food supplies – and wondering how much (bottled) water I need for the next few days. It is also time to start thinking about concluding my assignment, farewells and future links with PPHPZ.

Time for the last few pictures of flowers. As you can see, most of the flowers I have photographed are in trees – presumably really ‘blossom’ - but not what you (I?) think of as blossom in Britain. I was told by one of the security guards here that once the rainy season begins flowers appear out of the ground. It will be a pity to miss them. I have been told that in the rainy season a lot of the areas that now appear as hard packed mud become covered with grass - and also that the roads flow with mud. I suppose it depends whether you have a ‘half full’ or a ‘half empty’ personality.

The pictures include a couple of birds I saw the other day and a tree that has strange boomerang-like growths.








No comments:

Post a Comment